Request for help regarding texture plotting

sita choudhary

Nov 28, 2022, 7:57:58 AM11/28/22
to dream3d-users
Hii,

I have the simulated orientation data as quaternion in hdf5 file format. We can export this orientation data in text file containing 4 columns of quaternions, can you please help me if there is any pipeline by which we can convert these quaternion to euler angles and export the euler angles as txt  file, so that we can plot pole figures for texture analysis.

Thanking You
Yours sincerely
Sita

Anthony Rollett

Nov 28, 2022, 8:08:35 AM11/28/22
to dream3...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, there is a filter for conversions between different orientation representations.  And you can export the results to an Excel spreadsheet.  I assume that you are aware of the MTEX & ATEX packages for texture analysis plotting.  Regards, Tony

sita choudhary

Nov 28, 2022, 8:52:17 AM11/28/22
to dream3d-users
Thanks a lot. I will check it.
Yeah, I am familiar with ATEX Package.

Regards
Sita

Michael Jackson

Nov 28, 2022, 9:15:55 AM11/28/22
to sita choudhary, dream3d-users

“Create Data Container”

“Import ASCII Data”: import the data as float 32bit data

“Combine Attribute Arrays”: Be sure to order the data “Vector-Scalar” for the quaternion

“Convert Orientation Representation” to go from Quaternions to Eulers

“Export ASCII” data to export the Euler Angles. They will be in Radians.

--

Mike Jackson

sita choudhary

Dec 5, 2022, 1:03:13 PM12/5/22