Question for 'establish matrix phase filter'

심재민

Dec 10, 2020, 7:23:16 AM12/10/20
to mike.j...@bluequartz.net, dream3...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,
My name is Jae Min Sim and I'm a beginner of 'Dream.3D'.
I recently started to study in order to conduct RVE research. I have two questions.

First, I am trying to create two phases using statsgenerator, but the description of the documentation is insufficient to determine which filter to put the establish matrix phase filter after.
To create a single phase, I succeeded by executing the following order
statsgnerator> initialize synthetic volume> estalbish shape types> pack primary phases> find feature neghbors> match crystallography> generate ipf colors> wirte dream.3d data file.
Then,where establish matrix phase filter can be placed between them?

Second, how do you define each phase when using the h5ebsd file with two phases?

If you give me an answer, I think it will be helpful for research.
Thank you for your precious time

Jae Min Sim

Jae Min Sim(Ph.D. Candidate)
Reliability Engineering Analysis Laboratory Department of Nuclear
Engineering, Kyung Hee University

Michael Jackson

Dec 10, 2020, 3:58:09 PM12/10/20
to 심재민, dream3...@googlegroups.com

Dear Jae Min Sim,

    You can place the “Establish Matrix Phase” filter just after the “Establish Shape Types” filter. That should work.

What kind of RVE are you trying to develop? Some sort of composite structure or precipitate structure?

--

Mike Jackson

심재민

Dec 10, 2020, 8:27:57 PM12/10/20
to Michael Jackson, dream3...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michael,
Thank you for your quick response. Actually, I'm trying to develop RVE structure for stainless steel based on real EBSD data. So I recently started to study how dream3D program works. So I could check the flow based on statsgenerator and h5ebsd which is using the stacked file of ebsd.
I can define two phases structure for your reply. And I had another question.
I want to use h5ebsd data which is stacked data of some ebsd files. Then, how to define each phase in this data?

If you give me some comments, it will be helpful for me.

2020년 12월 11일 (금) 오전 5:58, Michael Jackson <mike.j...@bluequartz.net>님이 작성:

--
Engineering, Kyung Hee University Seocheon-dong, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si,
Gyeonggi-do, 446-701, South Korea Tel : 82-31-201-3323