Misorientation Distribution

Josh Stickel

Apr 26, 2022, 7:45:16 PM4/26/22
to dream3d-users
Hi there,

I'm attempting to finish up a microstructure I've been working on for a while now, but I can't seem to get the misorientation distribution function to work correctly. Using "StatsGenerator" combined with "PackPrimaryPhases" and "MatchCrystallography", I obtain the correct morphology, as well as the correct orientation distribution function, but the misorientation distribution function always presents as a MacKenzie distribution.
I'm unsure of the your policy for pipeline sharing on this forum, so I'll attach it here, but just in case there are any concerns about opening attachments, I'll also describe my general workflow below. I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong here, or if it's a bug, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
  1. StatsGeneratoractual vs dream3d.png
    The orange line here is the actual MDF taken from EBSD scans, and the blue line is what I managed to get into the StatsGenerator.
  2. Mask
    spherical_mask.png
    These stats are then combined into a *.dream3d file with some mask
  3. PackPrimaryPhases
    spherical_featureids.png
    15-compare_statistics_EquivalentDiameters.png
    15-compare_statistics_AspectRatios.png
    The morphology is then created and appears to adhere to the statistics I entered into StatsGenerator pretty well
  4. MatchCrystallography
    spherical_ipf.png
    15-compare_statistics_MisorientationList.png
    Finally the crystallography is created using n_features^2 swaps. In this case, the number of features is 658, so I round up the number of swaps to 500,000 swaps. Unfortunately, the misorientations distribution is still completely random as noted by the MacKenzie distribution here, so I don't believe the statistics from StatsGenerator are carrying through correctly.
Very respectfully,
--Joshua Stickel
slim pipeline.zip

mike.j...@bluequartz.net

May 4, 2022, 2:16:13 PM5/4/22
to dream3d-users
Which version of DREAM.3D are you using?

--
Mike Jackson

Josh Stickel

May 8, 2022, 12:34:43 AM5/8/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike,

My pipeline is on GIT, so I switch between different computers and different versions of DREAM.3D, but the version I last tried it on was the 6.5.141 windows binary.

dream3d_version.png

Thanks so much for following up, and I hope you have a great weekend.

Very respectfully,
--Joshua Stickel