Write face data in file

Eugenia Nieto

Nov 19, 2021, 12:31:02 PM11/19/21
to dream3d-users
Hi all,

I'm currently dealing with a Surface mesh in Dream3D, and I wonder if it is possible to write the face data in a .csv file as it can be done for the grain data. I am interested on writing properties such as the face areas, centroids, normals, all by face feature id. I have tried to apply the "Create Feature Array from Element Array" filter followed by the "Export Feature Data as CSV file", but in the former it is not possible to assign the FaceData as the Feature Attribute Matrix, only the grainData, so I guess that dimensions don't match.

Any suggestions on this topic will be welcome, thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Eugenia

Michael Jackson

Nov 21, 2021, 3:51:58 PM11/21/21
to Eugenia Nieto, dream3d-users

Take a look at the attached pipeline. It demonstrates through the generation of a synthetic microstructure and subsequent generation of a triangle surface mesh, how to compute the centroids, normals and areas of the triangles and then export all of that data to text files.

--

Mike Jackson

Export_Triangle_Data.json

Eugenia Nieto