Controlling Grain Morphologies Stats Gen

David Harra

Oct 15, 2022, 6:34:29 PM10/15/22
to dream3d-users
I am in the process of trying to refine  2D synthetic Data based on EBSD statistics from Titanium data.

I basically generate two separate microstructures and reconstruct them to form a final microstructure as seen below. However when generating  The larger grains. I was wondering if Dream3D has capabilities over the shape/ size/direction.

What I am looking to achieve is all the large grains elongated in the x direction which I have another picture underneath my attempt. Can Dream3D achieve this?

Thanks

Dave :)

Picture11.png
(IDEAL ELONGATED)
Picture1.jpg

Michael Jackson

Oct 16, 2022, 10:24:28 PM10/16/22
to David Harra, dream3d-users

Yes, you will need to go into StatsGenerator and adjust the C/A and B/A ratios to get the elongation that you want. You will also need to adjust the “Axis ODF” to orient the grains along a specific axis (assuming you want this). There is an example Synthetic that does this: Prebuilt Pipelines->Workshop->Synthetic->(05) Composite. Take a look at that example and see if any of it makes sense.

--

Mike Jackson

(IDEAL ELONGATED)