Installing Plugins Documentation

Neel Shah

Aug 12, 2022, 6:04:51 PM8/12/22
to dream3d-users
Hi,

Could someone point towards any documentation for how to install plugins into Dream3D? Currently trying to install Dream3DReview but don't know where to begin after downloading its source code.

Thanks

Michael Jackson

Aug 14, 2022, 3:23:29 PM8/14/22
to Neel Shah, dream3d-users

http://dream3d.bluequartz.net

Download the official built DREAM.3D or one of the nightly builds. DREAM.3D comes with DREAM3DReview by default.

If for some reason you are not able to run the prebuilt binary and actually need to build DREAM.3D yourself, you may want to investigate actually compiling the anaconda package as it completely automates the build of DREAM.3D (and you get the Python bindings as a side effect).

--

Mike Jackson

Neel Shah

Aug 14, 2022, 3:55:13 PM8/14/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the help. I didn't realize that it was already installed because upon importing prebuilt pipelines I'm getting an error saying they're are unknown filters like "IterativeClosestPoints" and others you can find in the attached JSON. The filters all exist as .cpp files in the Dream3DReview Github, however, I cannot find them in my Dream3D installation. I also cannot find them in the filter list under the Dream3DReview plugin I have installed.

Should these filters exist in my installation? If not, how would I install them from the Dream3DReview github?

Thank you so much for your time,
Neel
final_pipeline.json

Michael Jackson

Aug 14, 2022, 5:42:32 PM8/14/22
to Neel Shah, dream3d-users

If you are running the prebuilt dream3d from http://dream3d.bluequartz.net (either the 6.5 or the nightly 6.6 builds) you should have somewhere around 400 filters in the filter list. If you only have like 40 or 50 then the plugins are not loading correctly. If you are running any other build then I’m not sure what to tell you. Do you get any error messages about plugins not loading when you launch DREAM3D?

Can you send me the following:
Operating system you are using (Looks like Windows.. )

Version of DREAM3D which can be found from the DREAM3D Menu or the Help menu. A screen shot of that About DREAM3D would be great.

Neel Shah

Aug 15, 2022, 10:20:55 AM8/15/22
to dream3d-users
Mike,

I have 363 filters installed and I'm using the 6.5.163 version built on 02/19/22. I do not receive any errors upon launch and am using windows. I just tried the nightly build, however, and all of the filters are now recognized. I'll continue with this version of Dream3D now.

Thank you so much for your time and help.
  dream_about.png