visualization of the grian boundary line

72 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

heng gu

no leída,
30 abr 2023, 3:26:15 a.m.30/4/23
para dream3d-users
Hiya,

Would it be possible to use some filters to visualize the grian boundary line like the following picture?
e25b0948433515baf8a4ca0786c6201cd88fd3ad_2_757x750.png
Many thanks for yor time.

Best regards
Heng

Michael Jackson

no leída,
30 abr 2023, 3:49:33 p.m.30/4/23
para heng gu,dream3d-users
Generally yes. I think if you run the filter “Find Boundary Cells” which will put a value ranging from 0 to 6 as the number of face neighbors that the cell has that has a feature ID different than the cell itself:

Michael Jackson

no leída,
30 abr 2023, 3:53:29 p.m.30/4/23
para heng gu,dream3d-users
and to actually finish the response:

You could then run the “Replace value in Array (Conditional)” filter to then set the color of the cells to (0,0,0). For instance if you had run the “Generate IPF Colors” before doing this operation, then you will have a Cell level Array called “IPF Colors” or something like that. You can use the “Replace value in Array (Conditional)” filter to replace the RGB value with “0” (Zero, which is black). Then when you view the microstructure in ParaView and “color by” the IPF Colors” then you will get the black grain boundary lines.

Mike Jackson

heng gu

no leída,
1 may 2023, 12:56:26 a.m.1/5/23
para dream3d-users
Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your reply!!! It works. Now I can see the boundary line. :)

One remaining problem is that in the "Replace value in Array (Conditional)", I have to select a conditional array related to the Boundary Cells. However, I cannot choose the cells obtained directly from "Find Boundary Cells". I have to create a  threshold mask for the boundry cells (greater than 0). You mentioned that this value would range from 0-6. I am not sure if this is the right way to do (alougth it works for now). :)

Again, many thanks for your help.

Best regards
Heng

2023-05-01_124206.jpg     2023-05-01_124228.jpg
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos