pipe question

Avery Yance

Jul 10, 2022, 11:04:07 PM7/10/22
to dream3d-users
微信图片_20220711110239.pngHello, mike

I used dream3D channel to generate inP files. But I can't find the unit geometry in the part module in the INP file. This caused me to be unable to assign attributes in ABAQUs. Is there a better solution?This is the pipe I use. Looking forward to your reply.
With best wishes.

Yance

Michael Jackson

Jul 11, 2022, 8:43:45 AM7/11/22
to Avery Yance, dream3d-users

I would assume that GMsh would create the proper files for Abaqus to use? DREAM3D simply calls out to GMsh through a system call to generate the 3D Solid mesh files.

--

Mike Jackson

Avery Yance

Jul 12, 2022, 10:21:22 PM7/12/22
to dream3d-users
I have solved this problem. Thank you very much for your reply. I have one more question. Can I achieve RVE periodicity in DREAM3D? Is the RVE boundary that I have made corresponding? Is there a filter that can do that?

Avery Yance

stopk...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2022, 8:37:16 AM7/13/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Avery,

Can you explain more specifically what you are trying to achieve with an RVE? What do you mean by "RVE periodicity"?

Best regards,
Kris

Michael Jackson

Jul 14, 2022, 9:19:08 AM7/14/22
to Avery Yance, dream3d-users

IN the Pack Primary Phases there is a check box for Periodic boundaries?

Avery Yance

Jul 14, 2022, 10:52:25 PM7/14/22
to dream3d-users
Thank you very much for your reply. I selected Periodic boundaries in the "Pack Primary Phases" filter. However, I did not see "if a Feature attempts to extend past the boundary of the volume it wraps to the opposing face and is placed on the opposite side of the volume"in my RVE. I'm sorry, but I'm new at this. I have so many problems. Looking forward to your reply. Attached is my RVE diagram.
 微信图片_20220715104250.png

Avery Yance

Avery Yance

Jul 14, 2022, 11:27:46 PM7/14/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Kris
Thank you very much for your reply.I want to implement this condition“if a Feature attempts to extend past the boundary of the volume it wraps to the opposing face and is placed on the opposite side of the volume” in my RVE, but mine doesn't. I don't know what the reason is. I'm sorry, but I'm new at this.

Best wishes,
Avery Yance

Michael Jackson

Jul 15, 2022, 12:27:24 AM7/15/22
to Avery Yance, dream3d-users

You should be able to achieve this by selecting the “Use Periodic Boundaries” in the “Pack Primary Phase” filter. See attached image.

--

Mike Jackson

From: <dream3...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Avery Yance <yancea...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 10:52 PM
To: dream3d-users <dream3...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: pipe question

2022714日星期四 UTC+8 21:19:08<mike.j...@bluequartz.net> 写道:

From: <dream3...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Avery Yance <yancea...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 10:21 PM
To: dream3d-users <dream3...@googlegroups.com>

2022711日星期一 UTC+8 20:43:45<mike.j...@bluequartz.net> 写道:

From: <dream3...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Avery Yance <yancea...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 11:04 PM
To: dream3d-users <dream3...@googlegroups.com>

Image removed by sender.Hello, mike

I used dream3D channel to generate inP files. But I can't find the unit geometry in the part module in the INP file. This caused me to be unable to assign attributes in ABAQUs. Is there a better solution?This is the pipe I use. Looking forward to your reply.

With best wishes.

Yance

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.25.39 AM.png

Avery Yance

Jul 15, 2022, 10:18:23 AM7/15/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike,
I picked an option in this channel. But it still happens.

Avery Yance