Dream3D Win 10 compiler version

William Tu

Nov 5, 2021, 12:29:06 PM11/5/21
to dream3...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I wonder which visual studio version is supported now. Is the VS 2022 ok to compile the latest codes? Heard VS2022 is much quicker to proceed x64 jobs.

Thanks

Michael Jackson

Nov 8, 2021, 9:20:35 AM11/8/21
to William Tu, dream3...@googlegroups.com

I think the main issue might be whether VS2022 is compatible with the prebuilt Qt5 that gets downloaded? We typically use a recent version of each of the dependent libraries, but there are a fair number of libraries that might not have been tested with the latest VS2022 compiler. You can certainly give it a try. If there are issues you could also try telling VS2022 that you want to use the VS2019 compiler toolset (v142) instead.

--

Mike Jackson