Isotropic Material Generation

David Harra

May 22, 2023, 4:36:30 AM5/22/23
to dream3d-users
When we generate synthetic polycrystalline microstructures using the stats generator, for isotropic materials we don't assign any Euler angles in the ODF tab and this generates a statistically isotropic grain distribution.

My Question is regarding the number of points. This default value is 5000.  Does increasing this value make the material more isotropic or does this start to make the material more textured?

Thanks

Dave :)

Michael Jackson

May 23, 2023, 10:02:41 AM5/23/23
to David Harra, dream3d-users
This will make the material more textured. Start with a value of 50000 for the weight and a sigma of 2.0, then “generate” the data. You will will the pole figure change appropriately.

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software