Mesh problem

chunfeng hu

May 7, 2022, 9:47:08 PMMay 7
to dream3d-users
Hi,
When I used EBSD data to rebuild the model in Dream3D. The final output is an inp file. But every time I use the Create FEA input Files Filter. Finally, when the inp file is opened in ABAQUS, the size of the grid is very small. I found that this is because the grid size and the number of pixels are equal. How can I make it unequal? I need a larger mesh size.
HuChunFeng

stopk...@gmail.com

May 8, 2022, 10:22:59 AMMay 8
to dream3d-users
Hi HuChunFeng,

If I understand correctly, you are saying that after you run the EBSD data through DREAM.3D and visualize the input file in ABAQUS, there are far too many elements because of the fine pixel size of the EBSD scan, correct? If you want less elements (i.e., larger mesh size), you can just run the "Change Resolution" filter before you write the input file to coarsen the data. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Kris