Are Bio-Identical Hormones Safe? by Jeffrey Dach MD

Jeffrey Dach MD

Oct 5, 2008, 11:58:09 AM10/5/08
to TrueMedMD Jeffrey Dach MD
Are Bio-Identical Hormones Safe? by Jeffrey Dach MD

LINK TO THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

http://www.jeffreydach.com/2008/06/27/the-safety-of-bioidentical-hormones-by-jeffrey-dach-md.aspx

The WHI study showed that synthetic, chemically altered hormones such
as Provera cause cancer and heart disase.

However, the bioidentical hormones do not cause increased breast
cancer as shown in the French Cohort study published in Climacteric,
Dec 2002.(1)

In addition a recent coronary calcium score study published in the
NEJM June 2007, showed less calcification in the premarin only treated
arm of the WHI, indicating protection from heart disease. (2)

Jeffrey Dach MD Discussion of Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy WSVN News
Video:

http://www1.wsvn.com/features/articles/medicalreports/MI62593/

The 2 arms of the WHI study suggest that the synthetic progestin,
Provera is the culprit in the WHI study causing the increased risk of
cancer and heart disease.

On the other hand, BioIdentical hormones have been shown to be safe
and quite effective.

Jeffrey Dach MD
4700 Sheridan Suite T
Hollywood Fl 33021