Creating A PDF of a 11x17 page adds a blank page in output PDF

Rajneesh Narain

Oct 18, 2021, 2:50:05 PM10/18/21
to diagrams.net Q&A
Steps to recreate the bug:
1. Create a new drawing.
2. Make the page size as 11x17
2. Go to File > Export as > PDF
3. The output PDF has two pages.

If we add some drawings/items on the page, those drawings come on Page-1 (as expected); but there is always a second blank page after.

This happens for every page that is added of 11x17 size.

diagrams.net Q&A

Oct 19, 2021, 7:36:37 AM10/19/21
to diagrams.net Q&A

Hi,

I tested this in Chrome, Win 10 and diagrams.net 15.5.5 and couldn't reproduce the issue.
I see you are using draw.io version [15.4.1].
Could you update to the latest and test again? (just do hard reload and you should be able to see 15.5.5 under Help menu)
Also, clear cache and temporarily disable browser extensions if you have any (if updating doesn't help)

If nothing helps, try with File > Export as > Advanced > PDF and File > Print > Print (change paper size) > Print to PDF/Save as PDF.

Regards

Rajneesh Narain

Oct 21, 2021, 10:28:11 PM10/21/21
to diagrams.net Q&A
Thanks for the reply.  But I tested on diagrams.net also now on Windows 10 and Chrome.
When page size is 11x17 and creating pdf from File > Advanced > Export as > PDF
Same problem gives two pages.

diagrams.net Q&A

Oct 22, 2021, 7:17:59 AM10/22/21
to diagrams.net Q&A
What PDF reader are you using?
Does  File > Print > Print (change paper size) > Print to PDF/Save as PDF work for you?

If not, please attach a diagram file if possible and video showing all performed steps and the result.

P.S I see you also submitted the issue here: https://github.com/jgraph/drawio/issues/2328
It is always better to report the issue on the one place so we don't overlook something by accident.

Regards,

Rajneesh Narain

Nov 2, 2021, 6:02:38 PM11/2/21
to diagrams.net Q&A
I feel bad for missing this one critical step - but I have been creating the diagrams on 11x17 - Landscape pages, and that is where the issue appears.

Attached is the video of same.

Steps to recreate the bug:
1. Create a new drawing.
2. Make the page size as 11x17 - Landscape
2. Go to File > Export as > PDF
3. The output PDF has two pages.

Diagrams.NEt-11x17PdfBug.mp4

diagrams.net Q&A

Nov 3, 2021, 9:21:35 AM11/3/21
to diagrams.net Q&A
Thanks for the video. I reproduced the issue. Yes, it seems that landscape is a problem maker.

I forwarded all the details to our engineers so they can check additionally.

Kind regards,

Rajneesh Narain

Nov 9, 2021, 11:59:17 PM11/9/21
to diagrams.net Q&A
Thank you! Appreciated.  Is there a changelog I can follow to check on when bugs are resolved?

Rajneesh Narain

Jan 20, 2022, 10:48:56 PM1/20/22
to diagrams.net Q&A
Hi Team,

Is there any update on this?  It is creating a big problem for us.

Thanks,
Raj

diagrams.net Q&A

Jan 24, 2022, 5:30:07 AM1/24/22
to diagrams.net Q&A
Unforunatley no update at this moment.
As a workaround does File > Print > Print (set paper size and orientation) > Print to PDF/Save as PDF work for you?
Do you have extra page if you follow these steps?

Regards,