Error: Not a diagram file (error on line 1 at column 1572865: Premature end of data in tag diagram line 1)

Irani Hoeronis

May 15, 2024, 9:12:07 PMMay 15
to draw.io Q&A
Hi, i have error in my draw.io file. This error was come up when i just wanna open my file.
The error is "Not a diagram file (error on line 1 at column 1572865: Premature end of data in tag diagram line 1)".  Is there some way to solve this problem?
Thank you.

survey GNN Vision-Language.drawio

draw.io Q&A

May 16, 2024, 5:11:19 AMMay 16
to draw.io Q&A
Hi,

It looks like the diagram was saved locally using desktop app.
If this is the case,  try to find two recovery files next to the main file (.$FILENAME.bkp and .$FILENAME.dtmp)  and check if you can restore the file or its previous version.
Also try right mouse click > Properties > Previous versions

Regards,
Marija

Irani Hoeronis

May 26, 2024, 12:49:18 AMMay 26
to draw.io Q&A

There is no previous version in my properties and i failed to restore the file? there is 28 page in the file and i can find 8 page. how can I find the diagram of every page in xml file? if i add </mxfile></diagram> in the end of code, another error arise, unable page-8. could you please help, this is my dessertation overview.

draw.io Q&A

May 27, 2024, 3:58:02 AMMay 27
to draw.io Q&A
If you look at the top of the file, are there two diagram element together? If the first one terminated with />.

If yes, try removing that empty diagram element, the top line in the attached case.
Capture d’écran 2024-05-22 à 21.35.22.png

draw.io Q&A

May 27, 2024, 5:48:07 AMMay 27
to draw.io Q&A
Also was the folder you were saving to sync'ed to a cloud service like OneDrive?

Regards,