Anyone got a message from wahaca?

gaz_moore

Sep 18, 2019, 4:01:34 PM9/18/19
to Dragons on the Hill
Hey group

One of my group got an email from wahaca basically saying we won't have the venue from next week?

Email was as follows:

I just wanted to let you know that, due to business reasons, we can no longer continue to let you use the downstairs area for gaming as per usual from next week on.

It has been a pleasure and really hope to still see you as customers.

If you could inform your friends it’d be great.

Kind regards,

Valerio

Owen

Sep 19, 2019, 1:45:12 AM9/19/19
to dragonso...@googlegroups.com
Morning all,

Yes we got the same email.

TLDR:  One of us talked to the manager who has agreed to give us two more weeks while he considers the situation. We are trying to convince him to change his mind but will also look at other options.

The curse of new management has struck again. At heart of the problem is that, if we understand it correctly, l on Wednesday they put on an extra member of staff to look after us. Some weeks it's worth it, some it appears not, depending on numbers.  Because fewer people or no-one turns up on Mondays and Tuesdays it is not a problem on those days.

Going forward:

1. We have been asked to provide a head count again.

Roughly I believe the numbers are:

Monday two groups approximately 10 people.
Tuesday one group that has been on long term hiatus so effectively 0.
Wednesday that has three weekly groups and one alternating roughly 15 -20 people.

Please could I ask GM's to confirm again.

2. We will start to scout other venues. If anyone has any good suggestions please let me know. Criteria are: able to sit at least 4 groups comfortably, preferably more;  In an area where we can game in relative privacy; that serves food and drink; and, is free with no minimum spend.

3. We will continue to work on the manager.  One suggestion we could make is that we go upstairs to order. That may lessen the need for an extra member of staff. Please shout if that is a deal breaker but it has worked okay for us in the past when at pubs with no table service for example.

4. I know that several of us are talking with the Wahacca, to avoid miscommunication please could any further messages to the venue be directed here it to me directly first.

I hope we can convince Valerio that roughly 30 costumers a week is worth it.  He was concerned about Christmas party bookings, we reassured him that we tend to stand down during Christmas for exactly that reason.  We feel that Valerio is new to this role, has come across something that is a bit complex and made a quick intuitive decision. Hopefully we can work on him and change his mind but other wise we will assume the worst.

Valerie said he will discuss with the new area manager. We expect they will decide over the weekend/early next week.

Regards

Owen