VENUE UPDATE - Temp Move back to Pizza Express Curtain Street

Owen

Oct 4, 2019, 6:54:33 PM10/4/19
to Dragons on the Hill
Folks,

On Wednesday we found out that there is now a new manager at Wahaccca who had booked the downstairs out.

He was a nice chap but had no idea who we were, Although keen to have us attend as he is there to make the restaurant profitable again (his words).

That has sent some alarm bells ringing.  We were expecting to hear back from a meeting on Thursday but we have heard nothing.  That might be because the venue might be contacting someone else in the group rather than the emails we had provided as contact, if anyone is getting emails from Wahacca please let me know.

We wandered back to Pizza express to try our luck and some good news, the manager who did not like us is gone, the new manager was a waiter there a few years ago and remembered us and understood the whole system of us ordering upstairs, having our individual table numbers, he even offered to laminate some up for us.  All in all much more positive than when I last talked to a manager there.

What I propose is that we move back to Pizza Express on Curtain street for the rest of the year and then look for new venues early next year at our own speed.  Our experience looking for venues in winter is that all are starting to think of the Christmas rush,

I personally am okay with Pizza express although recognise that the menu is very limited. The table spacing is not great but it is much more secluded and better lit than Wahacca.  Noise can be a problem in some parts downstairs but it worked for a good few years.

Sorry for the confusion over the last few weeks manager the rapid change in management has really thrown us and the confused and contradictory messaging communications from the venue has made it hard to provide a steady-state.  That might be a reflection of the Wahacca having some troubles.

If there are any strong objections please shout out as soon as possible.  I will be emailing the GM's again to get a sense of numbers to give the manager at Pizza express a heads up.  I think it is two tables for 5-6 people on Monday, no-one on Tuesday,  next Wednesday we expect two groups.

Venue moves are typically when we lose groups hopefully we can avoid haemorrhaging too much.

We could do with some more groups on Mondays and Tuesdays if you are looking for a game, please post on the google group or on discord.