Gathering folks for a Space Opera game

Matthew Daley

Sep 11, 2018, 11:25:16 AM9/11/18
to Dragons on the Hill
Ahoy everyone. I just rolled into town and I'm looking to assemble a campaign. The system I intend to utilize is Stars Without Number, although I am open to Starfinder or Pathfinder as well if people desire to play. The system is flexible, but the story itself is one that I'm eager to play out.

The premise is a Bablyon 5-style setting with a lot of different spacefaring races and an extensive history regarding ancient star civilizations. The players will be exploring a fallen space empire whose secrets are contested by numerous factions, and they will be navigating the weave of intrigue while also delving into the ancient mysteries the old ones left behind.

No experience with Stars Without Number is required, as it is a simpler system. That said, if we do run either -Finder system I would prefer people to be versed with the game (warning in advance that I do use a lot of 3rd party stuff and will allow it for PCs).

I am open to running either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, whichever works best for people.

peter

Sep 11, 2018, 1:56:15 PM9/11/18
to dragonso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew
The tuesday night group have just finished a close ended pathfinder campaign

We are now looking for something to do.
Three players all keen on the idea

Peter ferris

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

Matthew Daley

Sep 11, 2018, 5:41:43 PM9/11/18
to Dragons on the Hill
Sounds awesome. Which system which you guys prefer (I would personally rate my preference as SWN>Pathfinder>Starfinder)?

Ralph Seller

Sep 12, 2018, 3:17:14 AM9/12/18
to Dragons on the Hill
Hi Matthew,

Although we all play Pathfinder, among others, I would suggest we play actual sci-fi rules. I would suggest we use Stars without Number, particularly as it is a free download from Drive Thru RPG.

Will add you into our round robin email, if I can.

All the best,

Ralph

Matthew Daley

Sep 12, 2018, 7:26:47 AM9/12/18
to Dragons on the Hill
Something I should warn folks about is that the free version of Stars Without Number only has rules for playing at level 1. That will likely be fine for the start of the campaign, but if we want to progress to higher power levels (not assured but a possibility) at least one of us will have to get the full book.