THE DUNGEON

DragonDM

Jul 25, 2009, 12:25:06 PM7/25/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
On Jul 23, 7:46 pm, DragonDM <rex.dragon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Blue Flames is no longer in the Game.
To Join, he needs to contact me with his new PC's info.

As the group travels farther down the newly discovered tunnel, the
stench of mildew and old air assults your senses. Somewhere, there
comes a soft fresh breeze, but it is intermintent and seemingly
random.

Ningel's magical-power lantern casts it's light down the passage wide
enough for three dwarves walking abrest, and at least as tall as an
Ogre.

The tunnel ends at a door that stands ajar.
Upon the door is carved a skeletal hand grasping an arrow dripping
liquid. Strange Runes surround the outer edges of the engraving.
These marking are so old that all color has faded from the groves that
outline the picture and Runes.

>Decipher Script Check<

Mika may make Listen and Search Checks.
- - Last number used was Re-Roll # 10.
Will wrote - On Jul 24, 11:41 am
> Ningel seeing the runes with look at Mika "Will you make sure that
> theree are no traps around her, so I can check and see if I can
> understand what those runes say, please!" Impatiently tapping his foot.

Joseph Beland

Jul 26, 2009, 2:47:51 AM7/26/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
~Tarrik~
"Ningel, Man up! just look anyways, the only thing I can see is maybe poison so dont touch it and you should be fine, or try your luck and touch it anyways...Bwhahahaha!"
I cast Detect Poison to see if it is poison or not.

DragonDM

Jul 26, 2009, 1:55:11 PM7/26/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
DM Note: Tarrik's spell detects a faint amount of poison.

desylverwyrm

Jul 29, 2009, 1:06:11 PM7/29/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
Mika

I look at the door and consider the decor for a moment. "Ah...homely." with just a hint of sarcasm in my voice. "Step back, let a professional do the job boys." I look at the floor in front of me, making sure there aren't any obvious traps, then step forward (if I dont see any) and start searching directly around the door. Although it is open a bit, I don't want the group to be consumed in some pit of .... ah well, anyway. I barely graze my fingers along the seems of stones, blow softly across them, working from the stones on the floor to the left of the door and then up, across, down and across then up on the door itself. I do NOT touch any gooey substance or liquids. (if you would please....since I didn't bring my external with me today, MR Main GM....my search rolls...)

IF I find any traps, I will attempt to disable them. I will also take a flask of water, some soap chips and mix them up and pour them over the gooey substance, in hopes that it might wash it away.

DragonDM

Aug 1, 2009, 8:24:57 PM8/1/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
DM NOTES

Decipher Script Roll # 11: 13 + 6 = 19
Mika gets something about "Respect"

Search Roll # 13: 12 + 11 +2 Tools = 25
Mika finds a trap trigger.

> IF I find any traps, I will attempt to disable them. I will also take a
> flask of water, some soap chips and mix them up and pour them over the gooey
> substance, in hopes that it might wash it away.

Disable Roll # 14: 14 + 11 + 2 Tools = 27
Success!!

Listen # 15: 18 + 6 +2 Race = 26
Spot Roll # 12: 16 + 7 +2 Race = 25

Mika detects movement in the next room, and spots the outline of the
shadow of something snake-like....

Will

Aug 3, 2009, 11:02:53 AM8/3/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Noticing that Mika has disable the traps will walk over and start
examining the runes, running his fingers over the edges.

Joseph Beland

Aug 6, 2009, 1:52:15 AM8/6/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
~Tarrik~
I let out a slight gruff which is supposed to be one of thanks but could be seen any other way.
I take a big step into the room and look around(Darkvision 60 feet)
I crouch down and prepare to pounce on anything that looks like something thats not friendly.

joe b

Aug 6, 2009, 2:01:21 AM8/6/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
~Selmer~
"Bravo milady, now let us continue on,"
I produce a small fire and peer through the door.

Will

Aug 7, 2009, 5:58:57 PM8/7/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Ningel step through the opened doorway and looks around.

desylverwyrm

Aug 8, 2009, 10:25:57 PM8/8/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
Mika

Waits to see what happens to Ningel for jumping ahead of the rogue.

DragonDM

Aug 9, 2009, 1:17:46 PM8/9/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
From what appears to be a stone statue of a Dragon (vaguely looking
like a Copper Dragon) 'hanging' from the ceiling - comes forth a cloud
of dark green gas.

This shoots out as if under high pressure, and quickly fills the
hallway, up to fourty feet from the statue: enveloping even the person
farthest from it.

Everyone make a fortitude Saving Throw.

Joseph Beland

Aug 10, 2009, 12:38:33 AM8/10/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com

~Tarrik~
Fort Roll 17: 17+7=24

Will

Aug 10, 2009, 11:39:31 AM8/10/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Ningels Fort Save is 16:12 + 4 = 16

(ooc - tarrik, using numbers out of numerical order is right, so stop
it!)

desylverwyrm

Aug 10, 2009, 2:38:10 PM8/10/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
Mika

Fort Save (20+4=24) as she covers her nose and mouth with her sleeve. Ducking low to the floor she looks to the rest of the party to see how the gas is effecting them.

DragonDM

Aug 11, 2009, 5:13:23 PM8/11/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Ningel fails and loses 4 Str.

Nothing else in the area moves.

joe b

Aug 11, 2009, 6:47:53 PM8/11/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com

~Selmer~
Fort Roll 21: 12+8=20

DragonDM

Aug 12, 2009, 4:46:25 PM8/12/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
(DM NOTE Only Ningel failed - save again as part of your nexxt
Roleplayed post, so that I don't have to worry about that later)

Behind the group there is a grinding sound, stone on stone: looking
behind them, they see that the tunnel they just went down has a solid
stone wall, and that it is slowly (1 foot per round) moving towards
them.

The room that the door opens to is 20 (Human) paces wide, and 30 paces
long.

At the far end, there is a Door on each wall.

Will

Aug 13, 2009, 10:59:17 AM8/13/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Ningels' second save is 18:02+4=6

Joseph Beland

Aug 17, 2009, 11:53:31 PM8/17/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com

~Tarrik~
I shake my head.
"Come on, Move Move MOVE!!!"
I push to the front and then sprint to the furthest left door, and with my detect poison still going I look at the door to see if there is any poison on it.

DragonDM

Aug 21, 2009, 5:31:30 PM8/21/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Tarrik's magical sight for detecting poison is overwhelmed by the gas
that filled the room.
This means that he cannot tell if this new door has a trap with poison
in it, or if the door is simply covered in poison.

Nothing continues to happen.

Party Members - Please post your actions.

desylverwyrm

Aug 22, 2009, 1:08:41 AM8/22/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
Mika

I step forward to do my job as rogue, waiting a moment for the gas to settle or clear....then looking for additional traps... I do not touch the door with my hand, instead, i slip on a leather glove before touching anything...I could swear I'd heard someone mumble something about poison. I look at the floor where I step, carefully spotting to see if there are any further traps that can be set off by the pressure of my feet on the stones.

Will

Aug 22, 2009, 10:16:29 AM8/22/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
Ningel will run over to the door on the right and searches for traps
Search 19:16 + 4 = 20.

DragonDM

Aug 22, 2009, 3:47:51 PM8/22/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs

Selmer steps into the room to avoid being crushed by the moving wall.
This seals the door that was in the wall the Group entered.

Tarrik is at Door #1.

Ningel finds a Trap on Door #3.

Mika may make a Spot check.

joe b

Aug 23, 2009, 2:51:26 AM8/23/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
~Selmer~
"Hmm? What? Oh by the holy flame!"
I hope forward just as the door shuts us in the room.
I shake my head.
"Sorry, Ive just been thinking, and not paying attention to my feet"
I look at the the 3 doors.
"Hmm traps, poison, this does not look well, but Id feel safer with Mika leading the way and checking for nasties, and not Tarrik kicking down doors"

Will

Aug 24, 2009, 10:52:36 AM8/24/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
"Wow, I actually found the trap on this door! Now to disable it!"
Disable Device 21:12 + 4 + Masterworked Thieves Tools + 2 = 18

DragonDM

Aug 24, 2009, 8:42:31 PM8/24/09
to Dragons Den and Lairs
DM NOTE: Where the others see a solid stone door, Ningel has found
several horizontal slits.

In his attempt to bypass the unknown purpose of the trap, he activates
it!

Three blades, each as big as the Gnomish Artificer himself, leap out
from the door.
One passes far over his head, but the other two are most likely going
to hit!!

Ningel: Please make a Reflex Saving Throw.

joe b

Sep 1, 2009, 8:09:30 PM9/1/09
to dragons-de...@googlegroups.com
~Selmer~