1/18 Webcast re: EPA Community Action for a Renewed Environment Grants

Alison

Dec 20, 2007, 6:08:30 PM12/20/07
to Kaw Valley Heritage Alliance
Friday, January 18th, 11:30 to 1 PM at KVHA's office 412 East 9th
Street, Lawrence, KS

I've registered KVHA as a participant. This means that from the
comfort of our very own little office we'll be able to see & hear the
presentation live and chat with the presenters - along with the rest
of the nation. Bring a lunch or we could order a pizza... -Alison

****************
This webcast is an opportunity for potential applicants to the CARE
cooperative agreement program to learn more about and ask questions
about the Request for Initial Proposals that was issued in December
2007. Application Deadline March 17, 2008.

Community Action for a Renewed Environment (CARE) is a competitive
grant program that offers an innovative way for a community to
organize and take action to reduce toxic pollution in its local
environment. Through CARE, a community creates a partnership that
implements solutions to reduce releases of toxic pollutants and
minimize people's exposure to them. By providing financial and
technical assistance, EPA helps CARE communities get on the path to a
renewed environment.

Visit www.epa.gov/CARE for more information.

Stephanie

Dec 21, 2007, 4:12:38 PM12/21/07
to Kaw Valley Heritage Alliance
Awesome! I plan on being there, if at all possible.

- Stephanie Barrows
Intern, Wakarusa Wetland Learners project,
Kaw Valley Heritage Alliance