Re: 2 new messages in 2 topics - digest

Stephanie Barrows

Nov 30, 2007, 6:27:31 PM11/30/07
to dragonflycounty group, dragonflycounty digest subscribers
Wonderful! I have been making some connections for this, as well:

I met someone who owns a production company who would be happy to work
on a local project for food/free, whatever. He's willing to film, edit
and produce a digital collection of readers. (This is connected to my
other dream of having an audio/visual recording of poets reading their
work...then put it on a CD-ROM/DVD to distribute, possibly with the
textual version of their poems also on the DVD. A multi-media
presentation, of sorts.)

I also found a bank that does local projects - they produced a CD of
local musicians. I have the name of the person in charge of that
project. The bank let the musicians keep money from the proceeds,
which is promising.

We could also have a public reading of the kids reading their work, if
people consented to it and the kids were willing.

Finally, on a related note, a friend of mine suggested I do a poetry
reading with Haskell U. students (and others) at the Haskell Cultural
Center.

It all sounds promising....

Sorry to spew out this info and run, but I have to go. This is the
first time I've checked my email in a couple days, so I have a lot to
do in a short time!

I will make time to read the proposal this weekend!

Thanks so much, Alison. I will talk with you all later.

abraços,

Stephanie Barrows
Lawrence Poetry Community
Intern, Kaw Valley Heritage Alliance

On 11/30/07, dragonflycounty group <nor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Dragonfly County
> http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty?hl=en
>
> dragonf...@googlegroups.com
>
> Today's topics:
>
> * Humanities Council Digital Short Proposal - 1 messages, 1 author
> http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty/browse_thread/thread/0fbb22772a19f44a?hl=en
> * View this page "Draft Digital Documentary Proposal" - 1 messages, 1 author
> http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty/browse_thread/thread/154301116ba32574?hl=en

> TOPIC: Humanities Council Digital Short Proposal
> http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty/browse_thread/thread/0fbb22772a19f44a?hl=en
>
> == 1 of 1 ==
> Date: Thurs, Nov 29 2007 6:06 pm
> From: Alison <4drago...@gmail.com>
>

> Greetings! I submitted a draft proposal to the Kansas Humanities
> Council. Here's the project summary -
>
> Project Summary
> Focusing on the wetlands in the Wakarusa River Valley (especially the
> historic Haskell/Baker Wetlands), a digital short will explore themes
> cultural and environmental connectedness and change over the last 200
> years conversion. The production will be influenced by the Wetland
> Learners Project. The final product will be cross-promoted with a Kaw
> Valley River Roots Book currently in production.
>
> Google Groups doesn't allow links in the discussion posts so....you'll
> have to check out the next post to read and comment on the prop. KHC
> will make comments and then we'll have until the middle of December to
> submit a final proposal.
>
> -Alison

> TOPIC: View this page "Draft Digital Documentary Proposal"
> http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty/browse_thread/thread/154301116ba32574?hl=en
>
> == 1 of 1 ==
> Date: Thurs, Nov 29 2007 6:13 pm
> From: Alison <4drago...@gmail.com>
>

> Click on http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty/web/draft-digital-documentary-proposal
> - or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
> work.

> To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
> http://groups.google.com/group/dragonflycounty/subscribe?hl=en
>
> To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

> Google Groups: http://groups.google.com?hl=en

Stephanie Barrows

Nov 30, 2007, 6:32:19 PM11/30/07
to dragonflycounty group, dragonflycounty digest subscribers
I just re-read the message and recognized I was possibly talking about
a different project. We had talked about different projects, and I
assumed this was the holistic mind-body/connectedness/writing/book
project we'd discussed earlier.

I apologize for any confusion.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Alison

Dec 1, 2007, 4:03:34 PM12/1/07
to Dragonfly County
Yep, we've got several projects running along side each other. :)
They're all close enough to cross-over but distinct enough to stand
alone.... A lot of our projects are interwoven that way - it helps to
stay flexible.

You and Bob need to get together ASAP! He's been working on
establishing partnerships to help us move forward on a variety of
project concepts including community storytelling.

-A