LHT52 Firmware Upgrade

Terry Roberts

May 27, 2024, 10:48:26 PMMay 27
to Dragino-user
Hello,

I have an LHT52 temperature/humidity sensor that had been working well for several weeks, but then began to produce erroneous measurements (on the order of 65C for temperature).  After some initial success resolving this by resetting the device, the issue has returned.  I'm running firmware version 1.0 and see a version 1.1 has been released with a changelog entry indicating it will resolve inaccurate readings.  I've read the firmware update instructions and also found the USB-C pinout diagram from this post: https://groups.google.com/g/dragino-user/c/0g5zRX-3-PM/m/Sz37xJlJAgAJ.  However, my programmer is unable to connect to the device when connected according to that pinout diagram.  I'm attempting to use a Segger J-Link EDI Mini to connect to the device while I wait for a CMSIS-DAP compatible programmer to arrive.  I'm able to communicate with the device via UART referencing the previously mentioned pinout, though.

The firmware update instructions have two troubleshooting steps.  I've attempted to send an AT+IREBOOT=7 command via UART to put the device into bootloader mode.  The device seems to respond (UART no longer functions until the device is reset), but I'm still not able to connect my programmer.  The troubleshooting instructions also mention shorting the bootloader pin to ground, but I don't see the bootloader pin identified in the pinout diagram.  Does the LHT52 USB-C connector have a bootloader pin?

Are any other steps required to put the LHT52 into the mode where it will communicate with the programmer?

Thanks,
Terry

贝京耕

May 29, 2024, 2:27:29 AMMay 29
to Terry Roberts, dragino-user
Hi,Terry
About CMSIS-DAP
I'm not sure if it has similar functionality to DAP-LINK
Please refer to the pinout below or you can send a picture of how you connected

Thanks

Best Regards
Jinggeng Bei
Technical Support Engineer

说明: 说明: DRAGINO-LOGO-签名

Dragino Technology Co., Limited

Room 202, Block B, BCT Incubation Bases (BaoChengTai),  No.8 CaiYunRoad

LongCheng Street, LongGang District ; Shenzhen 518101,China

May 29, 2024, 5:03:20 AMMay 29
to Terry Roberts, dragino-user, 邮件技术支持
Hi, Terry,

The link you mentioned is for connecting UART to use the AT command, which is different from LHT52 burning firmware.
Where did you get the LHT52 firmware update description? Could you share the link for me to check?

LHT52 burning firmware does not require setting AT instructions, and there is no bootloader
Burning firmware for LHT52 can only be done using DAP-Link connections, and PSoCProgrammer burning firmware.
You can refer to the link below to update the firmware to V1.1.

In addition, AT+IREBOOT=0, AT+IREBOOT=1, AT+IREBOOT=7 has the same function as the ATZ command: Rest the node.

Best Regards
Ting
Technical Support Engineer

说明: 说明: DRAGINO-LOGO-签名

Dragino Technology Co., Limited

Room 202, Block B, BCT Incubation Bases (BaoChengTai),  No.8 CaiYunRoad

LongCheng Street, LongGang District ; Shenzhen 518101,China

May 30, 2024, 11:49:43 PMMay 30
to Dragino-user
Ting and Jinggeng, thank you both for your replies and for confirming the update procedure.

The pinout you provided agrees with the earlier pinout diagram I was referencing for connections to the SWD pins.  I'm not sure why I wasn't able to get the JLink to connect, but I was able to update the firmware with a Daplink device using the PSocProgrammer software and the same connections.  The device now reports version 1.1 over UART and the update seems to have resolved the erroneous measurements, as well.

Thanks again,
Terry