LSN50 v2-4 - Which is it? DevEUI or AppEUI(JoinEUI) - on TTN

Barry von Tobel

May 20, 2024, 8:40:42 PMMay 20
to Dragino-user
I'm trying to provision an LSN50 sensor on the Things Industries system.  The directions (link at bottom) give an explanation on how to do this.  However the LSN50 Case has a DevEUI and Serial Number.  But the directions say to enter the Join(App)EUI, which i don't believe I have, but can generate it.

So i'm trying to put the DevEUI in the TTN page where it says AppEUI.  Its the only number I have. the number is A840412721893FA0, and the number pasted in the TTN page is A8404127221893FA.  I'm missing a digit!  Whats up with this?

I have two issues:
unsure if Dragino is saying the DevEUI is the JoinEUI for connecting to the TTN
the DevEUI code I have is too large for the TTN field

Mengting

May 21, 2024, 11:27:01 AMMay 21
to dragino-user, Barry von Tobel
Hi, Barry,

Refer to this link for instructions on joining TTN:

JoinEUI is AppEUI.
To register a node to TTN, you need JoinEUI(AppEUI),DevEUI and AppKey.

These are usually found on the node box label, as shown below.
If you can't find your keys, you can tell me the SN labeled on the node label, and we can help you find it through SN.

Also, please check when entering these keys so that you don't make mistakes.

-------> A8 40 41 27 21 89 3F A0, and the number pasted in the TTN page is A8 40 41 27 22 18 93 FA.

Best Regards
Ting
Technical Support Engineer

说明: 说明: DRAGINO-LOGO-签名

Dragino Technology Co., Limited

Room 202, Block B, BCT Incubation Bases (BaoChengTai),  No.8 CaiYunRoad

LongCheng Street, LongGang District ; Shenzhen 518101,China

Direct: +86 755 86610829 |Fax: +86 755 86647123

May 21, 2024, 11:27:06 AMMay 21
to Mengting, dragino-user

thanks you guys,

Yes, the serial port should be used and that will entail a USB to TTL converter

I know the JoinEUI is formerly called the AppEUI, and that is what ThingsIndustries Discovery onboarding page says to put in the AppEUI.  However my device only gives me the DevEUI.  So the only way I can find the AppEUI is using the AT command on my serial connection?