BLM-BC02L - Change password

Eike Baran

Jun 11, 2024, 8:26:50 AMJun 11
to Dragino-user
Hi!

I just received my BLM-BC02L. I am a school-teacher and we want to use the iBeacons in combination with our jamf MDM to control, what our students can do with their iPads while they are in school.  We already set this up and it works as expected, but we would like to change the BLM-BC02L configurations-password, otherwise our students would be able to manipulate the beacons, send out a different UUID and therefore circumvent our restrictions.

But changing the beacons password with the smartconfig-App does not work: When i connect to the beacon, type in & apply a different password i loose access and after reconnecting i get N/A on all paramerts and a "read failed" message. Only about once in 30 tries (unreproducable) i can regain access by connecting, ignoring the "read failed"-message, typing in the given password into the password-set-input and applying it. Then the config is re-read and the settings are visible and writeable. In about 29 times of 30 after pressing "apply" i get a "write failed"-message and get redirected to the apps overview of all nearby BLE-devices.

Is there any solution to this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance
Eike

贝京耕

Jun 15, 2024, 4:16:00 AMJun 15
to Eike Baran, dragino-user
Hi,Eike
The password must be set to 6 characters.
When the reading fails, it means it is password protected and you need to find the password input box.
After entering the password, click refresh to read again.
Please refer to the video in link:
https://www.dropbox.com/t/tJStbPbRXr0MVC5B

Thanks

Best Regards
Jinggeng Bei
Technical Support Engineer

说明: 说明: DRAGINO-LOGO-签名

Dragino Technology Co., Limited

Room 202, Block B, BCT Incubation Bases (BaoChengTai),  No.8 CaiYunRoad

LongCheng Street, LongGang District ; Shenzhen 518101,China