FW: Dalit Laxman Mane’s face blackened at Beed

vinaya rakkhita

Oct 23, 2013, 7:16:11 AM10/23/13
to Ambedkar and His people

Dear All,
          I think same can happen in future with our other dalits leaders and elite who are not working for their suffering society but are just enjoying the benefits of reservation without paying back to the society.

Bhanteji

Laxman Mane’s face blackened at Beed

Aurangabad : A noted Dalit writer, Laxman Mane, was roughed up and his face was blackened by loan aspirants at Beed on Monday morning.

According to details, Laxman Mane is the former chairman of Tribal and Nomadic Tribes Economic Development Corporation and had come to Beed when the incident occurred at the Government Guest House.

The youths, who blackened his face, were aspirants of loans from the corporation in the tenure of Mane. They were of the view that Mane didn’t clear their loan files and sought the explanation from the writer for the same. But before Mane could speak anything, they smeared black on his face.

Reacting over the incident Mane said that since the youths belong to his own community therefore he won’t lodge a complaint against them, but condemn their way of venting out their anger. It may be noted that Mane is facing charges of sexual exploitation of three women and was in police custody for three days after remaining underground for some weeks.