RC4 Released

Marty Pitt

Feb 15, 2011, 9:33:24 AM2/15/11
to dphib...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I just uploaded RC4 to the google code site.

Fixes the following issues:
  • Serialization of Byte[] now serializes correctly as ByteArray (thanks to Aaron Trewern for this patch)
  • Long identity types incorrectly serialized as Integer (thanks to Dae Kim for this patch)
  • Fixed issue where pagination was incorrectly enabled by default with a page size of 0.
  • Fixed issue with Spring 3 security
  • Enabled PasswordEncryptionPostUpdateInterceptor for Spring 3 branch
It's great to have a couple of community submitted patches in this release.

Also, our code base is desperately in need of some unit tests.  If you're interested in submitting some tests for the project, please let me know.

Thanks,

Marty

Umut

Feb 15, 2011, 2:14:00 PM2/15/11
to dpHibernate
Hi Marty,

I'd like to ask if RC4 includes changemessagging changes regarding
entity.save() entity.deleteRecord() ability. In other words will I be
able to use save and delete methods drectly from entity with this
version?

Thanks.

On 15 Şubat, 16:33, Marty Pitt <martyp...@me.com> wrote:
> ?Hi all
>
> I just uploaded RC4 to the google code site.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/dphibernate/downloads/detail?name=2.0-RC4.zip
>
> Fixes the following issues:
>   a.. Serialization of Byte[] now serializes correctly as ByteArray (thanks to Aaron Trewern for this patch)
>   b.. Long identity types incorrectly serialized as Integer (thanks to Dae Kim for this patch)
>   c.. Fixed issue where pagination was incorrectly enabled by default with a page size of 0.
>   d.. Fixed issue with Spring 3 security
>   e.. Enabled PasswordEncryptionPostUpdateInterceptor for Spring 3 branch

Marty Pitt

Feb 15, 2011, 5:49:01 PM2/15/11
to dphib...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Not explicitly. I'll try to take a look at these issues shortly. However,
as Dae mentioned - would you mind logging a defect for this?

Marty

Feb 16, 2011, 9:53:30 AM2/16/11
to dpHibernate
I downloaded RC4 and gave it a shot. I managed to get it to work
(except the long typed id's).

I had to change the code so it will work "only" for long id's as I did
for changemessagging code before. I'll log a defect for this shortly,
but other than that everything works fine. i.e. I can do entity.save()
and entity.deleteRecord()

On the other hand I used to get collections with only 1st entity
initialized when I used changemessaging, the rest would lazy load
(whatever my pageSize setting was it was doing the same); with RC4 it
brings fully initialized collections even when I set the pageSize to 3
(or 0 for that matter).

I dont know if it's a bug or misconfiguration on my part.