Re: dpHibernate & BlazeDS

Marty Pitt

Mar 16, 2011, 10:15:54 AM3/16/11
to dphib...@googlegroups.com
Yep, in fact, that's what it's designed for.

However, I'd avoid sending an entity from Flex -> Java at this stage.
We don't have any special serualAtion on the clent, so you'd end up
sending the full object graph, whichcan be expensive.

If you want to persist changes to an entity, call BaseEntity.save() or
HibernateUpdater.save(entity), which avoids sending the full object,
just sends te change properties.

If you have a service call which takes aN entity as an argument, I'd
suggest refactoring it to take the primary key, and do the entity
lookup on the server.

Better serialization from Flex is planned, but not in 2.0

Marty

Sent from my iPhon

On 16 Mar 2011, at 09:06, Wei Guanbk <wgu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I use dpHibernate entity object as input/output parameters of
> BlazeDS service calls?
>
> --
> .

Marty Pitt

Mar 16, 2011, 2:50:34 PM3/16/11
to dphib...@googlegroups.com
?Should do. I haven't tested it with 4.0, but AFAIK there was nothing
ground breaking in the 4.0 release.

If you find issues, please let me know, or raise defects for them on the
googlecode site.

Marty

> Thank you. Does dpHibernate 2.0 support BlazeDS 4.0? Your sample uses
> BlazeDS 3.2

> On Mar 16, 10:15 am, Marty Pitt <martyp...@me.com> wrote:
>> Yep, in fact, that's what it's designed for.
>>
>> However, I'd avoid sending an entity from Flex -> Java at this stage.
>> We don't have any special serualAtion on the clent, so you'd end up
>> sending the full object graph, whichcan be expensive.
>>
>> If you want to persist changes to an entity, call BaseEntity.save() or
>> HibernateUpdater.save(entity), which avoids sending the full object,
>> just sends te change properties.
>>
>> If you have a service call which takes aN entity as an argument, I'd
>> suggest refactoring it to take the primary key, and do the entity
>> lookup on the server.
>>
>> Better serialization from Flex is planned, but not in 2.0
>>
>> Marty
>>
>> Sent from my iPhon
>>

>> On 16 Mar 2011, at 09:06, Wei Guanbk <wgua...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Can I use dpHibernate entity object as input/output parameters of
>> > BlazeDS service calls?

Wei Guan

Mar 16, 2011, 11:12:18 AM3/16/11
to dpHibernate
Thank you. Does dpHibernate 2.0 support BlazeDS 4.0? Your sample uses
BlazeDS 3.2

On Mar 16, 10:15 am, Marty Pitt <martyp...@me.com> wrote:
> Yep, in fact, that's what it's designed for.
>
> However, I'd avoid sending an entity from Flex -> Java at this stage.
> We don't have any special serualAtion on the clent, so you'd end up
> sending the full object graph, whichcan be expensive.
>
> If you want to persist changes to an entity, call BaseEntity.save() or
> HibernateUpdater.save(entity), which avoids sending the full object,
> just sends te change properties.
>
> If you have a service call which takes aN entity as an argument, I'd
> suggest refactoring it to take the primary key, and do the entity
> lookup on the server.
>
> Better serialization from Flex is planned, but not in 2.0
>
> Marty
>
> Sent from my iPhon
>
> On 16 Mar 2011, at 09:06, Wei Guanbk <wgua...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Can I use dpHibernate entity object as input/output parameters of
> > BlazeDS service calls?
>
> > --
> > .

Wei Guan