DPC V2 Upcoming Launch!

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Aug 3, 2021, 12:54:48ā€ÆPM8/3/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello DPC Community,

We are excited to announce that DPC V2 will be available on August 12th!Ā

DPC V2 is a new release of our API that incorporates the following changes:Ā

  • Patient Rostering:Ā Organizations will no longer maintain a semi-permanent roster of patients, which is stored in our database for 90 days before requiring a new attestation. Instead, organizations will submit a temporary 24-hour roster of patients in every request. Each request will reference patients through MBI only and will include the organizationā€™s attestation that the data is being requested for a permitted purpose under HIPAA (i.e. treatment).Ā
  • Attestation:Ā Attestation will still be required in the header of each request for data, but will be provided at the organization-level and no longer at the individual provider-level.Ā
  • New Patient: Organizations will be able to request data on a patient as long as the requesting entity attests to a treatment-related purpose as described in HIPAA. This allows users to request data in DPC V2 on new patients beyond the scope of DPC V1. These requests will be logged and audited. DPC reserves the right to revoke this access in the event of misuse.Ā
  • Additionally, we are releasingĀ a new (sandbox) portalĀ for Health IT implementers. The changes to the portal improve usability for health IT implementers when managing credential generation for their healthcare organizations and the overall onboarding process.Ā

For more information, please look out for our updatedĀ DPC V2 user guideĀ that will be published soon. Details to begin testing your DPC solution in V2 will soon follow.

What about DPC V1?
Information about DPC V1 will remain available on our siteĀ here.Ā

Applications for DPC V1 production pilot will no longer be accepted after August 31, 2021. We will reopen our production pilot application queue for V2 some time later this year. Any new applicants currently in the pilot production queue for V1 will need to schedule and complete a demo of their DPC solution by August 31. If your organization is not ready to complete a V1 demo by this date, please consider testing and building your DPC solution in V2.Ā

Production partners who have already 1) demoed and 2) onboarded to DPC at least once will receive an email detailing how to continue existing workflows in V1, continue onboarding organizations, and how to upgrade DPC solutions from V1 to V2. To learn more about upgrading your DPC solution from V1 to V2, please keep on eye out in our Google Group for theĀ Upgrade GuideĀ that will be published soon.

Thank you for your continued support and please let us know if you have any questions through this Google Group post. We will also be providing information about upcoming Office Hours in the next few weeks.

Best,
The DPC Team

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Aug 3, 2021, 2:41:25ā€ÆPM8/3/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
Clarification: DPC V2 will be available inĀ sandboxĀ on August 12th. Availability in production will be announced at a later time.

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Aug 12, 2021, 11:00:45ā€ÆAM8/12/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello DPC Community,

We unfortunately need to announce that the DPC V2 launch to sandbox is being rescheduled. An early review of the new V2 workflows has identified some necessary and potentially breaking changes. While we're very excited for the updates that DPC V2 will bring, we want to make the upgrade as smooth as possible for our community starting on Day 1, which means we're choosing to hold the new V2 release until we've had a chance to address some of these concerns.

We'll keep this post updated as we readjust our timelines. Thank you for your patience and continued support of DPC.

Best,

The DPC Team