Onboarding with a vendor who is in production with other clients

Kenneth Huang

Jul 29, 2022, 1:45:38 PM7/29/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
As a provider, if we work with a Health IT vendor that (a) already has implemented a production app integrated with DPC API and (b) already has other provider clients that are receiving production data:

(1) Would we still need to schedule an app demo, or was this step already completed when the Health IT vendor demoed with the DPC team with their first provider client?

(2) Would we as a provider still need to provide security certification (e.g., ONC, HITRUST, etc.), or does this apply only to the Health IT vendor who is accessing the API on our behalf?

(3) What other steps would we and the Health IT vendor need to follow to gain production access to claims for our patients? (again in the scenario that vendor already has clients in production)

Thank you,
Ken

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Aug 2, 2022, 1:45:33 PM8/2/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hi Ken,

Thanks for reaching out!

Generally, as a provider working with a Health IT vendor that has already implemented a production app integrated with DPC API, the Health IT vendor would have already completed the demo step when adding their first organization. The Health IT vendor who is accessing the API on your behalf would have also provided one of the security certifications to satisfy that requirement, so that step would have already been completed as well.

To confirm that the Health IT vendor has completed those steps and to apply for production access to claims for your patients, please reach out to DPC...@cms.hhs.gov and provide your agreement to the DPC Terms of Service (link to ToS: https://dpc.cms.gov/terms-of-service). Someone from the DPC team will follow-up if additional information is needed.

Best,

The DPC Team