DPC Onboarding Process Has Resumed

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Apr 25, 2022, 4:09:20 PM4/25/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello valued DPC pilot partners,

Thank you for your patience and your interest in the DPC production pilot. We would like to update the community that we are resuming review of provider organizations that applied to the DPC production pilot and will begin onboarding.

If your organization applied to the product environment, you will be notified once we are ready to onboard your organization.

Thank you for your patience and continued support,

The DPC Team

Liz Blair

Apr 28, 2022, 3:15:32 PM4/28/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
Hello,

This is great news, we're excited to see this starting up again. I have a few questions lingering about the experience and was asked to post these in the Google group for visibility:

  • We've been told there is a limitation on how many patients you can request data for, specifically, 1,000 per practice. Does this translate to mean only 1,000 patients per Type I NPI or Type II NPI? Or is the limitation on the request itself?
  • Which NPI on the claim are you looking at when you are determining whether the practice has a medical reason to receive claims information for the particular patient? Referring and billing seem most logical, but there is also attending, operating, facility, etc...
  • Originally, there were plans to release V2 back in August, but with the recent contractor churn this was delayed. I realize you may not have had time to consider when this might be released, but mainly wondering if V2 is still a top priority for this year, and are there any other additional changes we can expect to see?
  • What is the current TAT for adding new practices once we are onboarded? Last we heard it could take up to 6 weeks is that still the case? Are we able to register more than one practice at a time?
  • If we send a request and data is not returned for a particular NPI or MBI, will we receive an error log with details as to why it failed? i.e. how helpful can we expect error messages to be?
I have asked most of these already, but the answer either wasn't available, or we didn't receive a clear answer, so I just wanted to see if there's any additional information at this time, or perhaps a current user can share their experience.

Thank you!
Liz

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

May 9, 2022, 5:11:42 PM5/9/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello Liz,

Thank you for your patients as we worked to get you a response.

There is a 600 provider limit per Type 2 NPI (organization) and a 1000 beneficiary limit per provider for the DPC pilot.

For NPIs used for associating a beneficiary to a provider, DPC analyzes all NPIs that would appear on the EOB, which includes the following:

  • Billing/Organization Provider NPI
  • Care Team NPI (Line, Rendering, Attending, Operating, Other Physician)

Concerning the V2 release and priority for this year, CMS and the new contract team are re-evaluating the previous plan and developing a new plan for release. As soon as the details are finalized, a public  announcement will be made on the DPC website and Google group forum.

Currently, the process and turnaround time for adding additional practices after onboarding is being vetted by the new team. Areas of improvement have been identified and changes have been made to  the process. Once the new process has been tested and refined, our goal is to share the steps and new time estimates on the DPC website.

In regards to error messages triggered by an NPI or MBI not returning any data, our team will need to research this scenario and get back to you with the explicit responses and details of the messages.

Thanks,
The DPC Team