New Feature to Filter Data (_since parameter)

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Apr 2, 2021, 9:36:46 AM4/2/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello DPC Community,

We now offer a new feature that allows you to obtain filtered data for all of your requested beneficiaries in order to reduce file size and download time.

You can filter data using the _since parameter with either the /Patient or /Group endpoints. You may want to set  _since queries as a repeating call or as a way to check for patient updates to avoid downloading duplicate data.

Please read the full guidance, located in our Documentation, to understand the new feature before using it.

You can make two types of filtered requests for data:

  1. Request the most recent data for all requested beneficiaries: Use _since within the /Group endpoint
  2. Request data synchronously for an individual patient: Use _since within the /Patient endpoint

Before using _since, download all of your data.

  • Before using _since for the first time, we recommend that you run an unfiltered request (without using _since) to all resource types using the  /Group/{id}/$export endpoint in order to retrieve all historical data for your associated beneficiaries. You only need to do this once.
  • On subsequent calls you can begin retrieving incremental claims data for your requested beneficiaries using _since. We suggest using the transactionTime from your last bulk data request as the _since date. More information is found in our Documentation linked above.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in DPC. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
The DPC Team

Scott Fitzpatrick

May 10, 2021, 12:21:07 PM5/10/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
Hello DPC Team,

This is a great feature.

One issue, though.  When submitting the _since flag, EOB records are returned as expected, however, corresponding Patient and Coverage resources are not returned for these EOBs.

Thanks,
Scott Fitzpatrick