Coverage to Patient link

Brendon Pierson

Dec 13, 2022, 4:20:01 PM12/13/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
How are the Coverage resources linked to the Patient? I completed a bulk export of coverage data for a provider and each coverage has the below beneficiary reference format. It's not an mbi or dpc uuid for a patient so I'm wondering how I know which patient that coverage is for.
   "beneficiary": {
    "reference": "Patient/nine_digit_number"
  },

Thanks!

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Dec 16, 2022, 6:06:16 PM12/16/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for writing! Coverage resources are linked to the Patient by their associated DPC internal ID number.

You can check by creating a Patient export — The ID parameter and looking at the very top of what is returned you will find the id parameter:

{
    "resourceType": "Patient",
    "id": "-200000000001809",
     "meta": {

If you then create a Coverage export, you’ll find the reference to which patient the coverage applies to via the beneficiary.reference:

},
"beneficiary": {
    "reference": "Patient/-200000000001809"

Thanks for being a part of the DPC Community. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,

The DPC Team

Brendon Pierson

Dec 19, 2022, 12:15:15 PM12/19/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
Thanks for the help! For future folks what thew me off was some of the "id"'s in the patient are uuid's and not ints. It appears that the "id" is the same as the bene_id when it is present and ties to the coverage patient. To account for this I'm only relying on the bene_id in the patient identifier list.