Create (Attribution) Group Endpoint Behavior

Nick Moore

Jun 16, 2022, 6:41:04 PM6/16/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
Hello -

The docs are unclear on whether you can create more than one group per practitioner, but based on my testing it appears you can only have one group per practitioner.

Once a group is successfully created, any subsequent calls to POST api/v1/Group have this effect:
- No new group created
- No changes to the existing group
- Response is the group resource payload of the existing group
- Response status code is 200

I had expected (and would prefer) that we could create multiple groups per practitioner. If this is how it is supposed to function, I think there is either missing information on how to request subsequent groups or a bug in the API.

Alternatively, if it is the intention that there should only be one group per practitioner, I would then expect the API response to provide some error information when attempting to create any subsequent groups.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me on this.

Thank you!
Nick Moore
Aledade, Inc.

Carl Bunche

Jun 27, 2022, 5:14:05 PM6/27/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello Nick,

Thanks for this feedback.

Currently at this time, you cannot create more than one group per practitioner.

We will consider this for our research backlog.

Thanks,

The DPC Team