Planned Data Delays in DPC for the Beginning of 2022

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Dec 27, 2021, 11:50:22 AM12/27/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello DPC community!

DPC would like to inform you that that our API will be impacted by data delays at the start of 2022. The two delays and their relevant details are listed below.

  1. We will be pausing all data updates the week of January 7 - January 14, 2022, in order to perform maintenance. During this period, previously-loaded data will still be available in the API. We will resume data updates on January 14, 2022 and will notify you when the data is current.
  2. In addition, from January 1, 2022 - February 28, 2022, Medicare enrollment data will experience additional delays. During this time:
    1. Enrollment data for 2021 will continue to be updated, as expected.
    2. Enrollment data for 2022 will not be updated during this period of time and the API will not provide claims for new enrollees (those who enrolled in Medicare at the beginning of 2022) until after this period ends.
    3. Claims data for 2021 and 2022 will continue to be updated, as expected.

We will notify you when weekly updates to enrollment and claims data fully resume, which is expected to be no later than March 1, 2022.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please reach out if you have any questions by replying to this message or by posting a new message in DPC's Google Group.

- The DPC Team

DPC Team

Jan 24, 2022, 2:05:35 PM1/24/22
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello DPC Community,

To follow up from our earlier post, we have completed maintenance.  The Medicare claims data updates in DPC have resumed their normal schedule and the data is now current.

Queries looking to retrieve the last two weeks of updated data should use a _since / _lastUpdated value of 2022-01-01T08:49:47Z to retrieve it. That is the transactionTime from bundles that all queries to the API should have been returning prior to this load.

NOTE: The transactionTime field's value is what API clients should always use for subsequent _since / _lastUpdated calls to the API.

As a reminder, 2022 Medicare enrollment data will experience additional delays until February 28, 2022. During this time:

    1. Enrollment data for 2021 will continue to be updated, as expected.
    2. Enrollment data for 2022 will not be updated during this period of time and the API will not provide claims for new enrollees (those who enrolled in Medicare at the beginning of 2022) until after this period ends.
    1. Claim data for 2021 and 2022 will continue to be updated, as expected.

    We will notify you when weekly updates to enrollment data fully resumes, which is expected to be no later than March 1, 2022. Please reach out if you have any questions by replying to this message or by posting a new message in DPCs Google Group.

    Data at the Point of Care (DPC) API Team

    Mar 1, 2022, 4:46:14 PM3/1/22
    to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

    Hi DPC community,

    The DPC team would like to inform you that the data lag period originally planned for 1/1/2022-2/28/2022 is being extended to allow our upstream data partners time to complete data validation and quality assurance activities.

    Next Step for DPC Users?

    • The DPC team will email users and provide next steps as soon as updates are available.

    Questions?

    Feel free to email us or post a message in our DPC Google Group with any questions or concerns.

    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience

    Thanks!

    The DPC Team

    Data at the Point of Care (DPC) API Team

    Mar 8, 2022, 8:47:01 AM3/8/22
    to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
    Hi DPC community,

    The DPC team would like to inform you that we have started processing the backlogged data loads. You may already be seeing some of this updated data in response to your data requests. We expect this processing to complete this week and will update you tomorrow on our progress.

    Questions?

    Feel free to email us or post a message in our DPC Google Group with any questions or concerns.

    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

    Thanks!
     The DPC Team

    Data at the Point of Care (DPC) API Team

    Mar 9, 2022, 4:11:09 PM3/9/22
    to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

    Hi DPC community,

    The DPC team would like to inform you that we are continuing to process the backlogged data loads. We expect this processing to complete this week, and will update you tomorrow on progress.

    Questions?

    Feel free to email us or post a message in our  DPC Google Group   with any questions or concerns.

    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience

    Thanks!

    Data at the Point of Care (DPC) API Team

    Data at the Point of Care (DPC) API Team

    Mar 11, 2022, 4:30:48 PM3/11/22
    to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

    Hi DPC community,

    We have finished loading all backlogged beneficiary and claims data. Regular weekly loads will resume this weekend.

    Prior to loading the data, a small number of demographic and enrollment records failed data validation. Fortunately, this only impacts records for persons who are not enrolled in Medicare in the current year (e.g., beneficiaries who died in 2021).

    To guard against sharing incorrect data, we are holding the processing of affected records (only about 0.3% of beneficiary records) and are working to resolve the underlying issue. In the meantime, demographic and enrollment data for these unenrolled beneficiaries will continue to be available, though outdated. Any claims data updates (likely from prior years, given their current unenrolled status) should continue to process as normal.

    All affected beneficiaries have been flagged, as noted here: https://github.com/CMSgov/beneficiary-fhir-data/blob/master/apps/bfd-server/dev/api-changelog.md#bfd-1566-add-patientmetatag-entry-for-some-patients.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause you and will continue working to resolve it, though we expect that it will take a significant amount of time.

    Best,

    The DPC Team