Upcoming DPC V2 Changes

Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Jun 9, 2021, 11:44:11 AM6/9/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community

Hello DPC Community,

We’re writing to let you know that DPC will be rolling out new changes this summer.

The upcoming changes, known as “DPC V2”, may require you to modify your DPC solution and/or workflows. As a result, we're providing you some high-level information in advance.

Overall, DPC V2 will bring changes that conform to the FHIR R4 specification and follow the CARIN Implementation Guide for industry alliance.

Additionally, DPC V2 will bring changes to improve ease of use and reduce complexity. Organizations will no longer maintain a semi-permanent roster of patients, which is stored in our database for 90 days before requiring a new attestation. Instead, organizations will submit a temporary roster of patients in every request. Each request will reference patients through MBI only and will require the requesting provider’s NPI.

An updated user guide will be made available soon with more details specifically on the changes to the patient roster feature. We will be sharing more information on other features, such as patient/$everything, through the summer as we approach the release of V2 in sandbox. These changes are expected to be available in sandbox in August, with production release to our pilot partners to be available later this year.

If you are planning to attend the upcoming FHIR DevDays conference, we will be showcasing a demo of DPC V2 on June 10th.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on how these changes might impact your solution and/or workflow, and how we can best support your team. Please respond to this post with your thoughts or send us an email at DPC...@cms.hhs.gov. We'll also be hosting another DPC Office Hour before the release in sandbox to discuss and answer your questions on V2 and will follow up with the date and time of that Office Hour in a later post.

Thanks so much and let us know if you have any questions,
The DPC Team

Jacob

Jun 14, 2021, 2:43:12 PM6/14/21
to Data at the Point of Care (DPC) Community
Hello - are you able to share the DevDays demo?