April 2021 DP@Google Newsletter

Miguel Guevara

Apr 13, 2021, 1:01:40 PM4/13/21
to dp-open-so...@googlegroups.com
Anonymization logo
Jan 2021

Google DP Open Source Newsletter.

Welcome to our second newsletter! We’re excited to report on some progress we’ve made over the last quarter and share some news about our upcoming OSS plans. Feel free to reach out and be part of the discussion, either on our new public mailing list at dp-open-so...@googlegroups.com or privately to our team at dp-open...@google.com.

Looking back at Q1

In Q1 we open sourced the ZetaSQL implementation. We hope that this will help developers develop new SQL engines with differential privacy.

We also included Quantile support in Java&Go. Privacy on Beam had a busy quarter! We launched pbeamtest, which makes it easier to write tests for your Privacy on Beam pipelines by turning off the noise with or without contribution bounding.

Looking Forward

Community Event

This week, we will be hosting a community event around our recent OSS updates, and will host a Q&A. Check-out the details here

Java

We are hoping to OSS quantile support for confidence intervals. We might be able to release an improved algorithm for automatic per-partition bounds approximation, however this could also happen in Q3.

DP Accounting

We are OSS’ing the C++ accounting library

Go

During Q2, we hope to release a variance and standard deviation algorithm in our Go library

Privacy on Beam

Look out for our QuantilesPerKey release very soon!

Have a great spring!

Yours in differential privacy,
Anonymization team at Google

Note that this roadmap is approximate. The features, their priorities, and timelines can change. Please let us know at dp-open...@google.com if a particular feature is important for you and you'd like to get it prioritized. Obviously, you're more than welcome to contribute!

Copyright © 2021 DP Open Source team, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
dp-open...@google.com