Sharing updates on Google’s open source privacy technology for Data Privacy Day

DP Open Source Users

Jan 28, 2021, 11:51:06 AM1/28/21
to DP Open Source Users

Hello Everyone,

At Google, we believe that innovation and privacy go hand in hand. Earlier this year, we shared our work to keep people safe online,  including our investments in leading privacy technologies such as differential privacy. Today, on Data Privacy Day, we’re announcing new ways we’re applying differential privacy technologies in our own products and making it more accessible to developers and organizations globally. You can read more here with the highlights below:

  • Strengthening our core products with differential privacy:  We’re providing new app metrics and benchmarks to developers in a differentially private manner in the Google Play Console.

  • Partnering with OpenMined to make differential privacy more widely accessible: In a new partnership with OpenMined we will develop a version of our differential privacy library specifically for python developers.

  • Working together to bring strong privacy guarantees to machine learning:  In collaboration with researchers from University of Waterloo, Princeton University and the National University of Singapore we’re improving speed and performance of our Tensorflow privacy library and adding new features to expand the library’s scope to test more models.

We began building our library of differential privacy algorithms over 7 years ago and are continually investing to make it more robust and accessible in partnership with the open source community.

How can I help more organizations protect data privacy with differential privacy?

So more developers and organizations like Arkhn can integrate our differential privacy into their work consider sharing the below tweet with your followers:

Google’s differential privacy library is the largest in the world. And today on #DataPrivacyDay they’re making it more accessible to developers and businesses globally, all while keeping people’s personal information private and secure. → LINK

Cheers,

Miguel