Updates from the DCGG

1 view

Kevin Schiesser

May 31, 2010, 10:50:41 PM5/31/10
to downtown-comm...@googlegroups.com
Hello gardens and friends of gardeners alike,

[see below for updates]

The Downtown Community Gardens Group requests your support of a couple
gardens around Madison. It's as simple as two-clicks. Open the links
below, read about the projects, and give your show of support with a
vote.

East High Youth Farm http://www.justmeans.com/contestidea?ideaid=NTE4
Porchlight/Slow Food UW garden
http://www.justmeans.com/contestidea?ideaid=NTI0

In the mean time the DCGG continues to look for garden space downtown.
We've entered into a collaboration with the UW department of
Engineering, where students taking the Capstone Design course will be
given the option of working on a rooftop community garden project (think
parking ramps, civic buildings, libraries, etc..). We're also busy
giving our library rooftop community gardens presentation to generate
support for a resolution in favor of said garden. Some groups that we've
show the presentation to include the Monona Bay Neighborhood Association
and the Downtown Coordinating Committee. In all cases the idea was very
well received.

Finally, we're looking for help on the square. Check out the Doodle and
see if you're able to commit to any upcoming Saturdays. It's a whole lot
of fun if you've got the time, and we're happy to show you how it's
done.

http://www.doodle.com/txkznfca6pv9ecxv

Thanks much,

Downtown Community Gardens Group