Invitation: Parking Ramp Community Garden Advisory Team

1 view

Kevin Schiesser

Aug 2, 2010, 9:01:18 AM8/2/10
to downtown-comm...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

The Downtown Community Gardens group, whose mission is the establish more community gardens downtown, has entered into a collaboration with UW Engineering students. Students in CEE 578 – Senior Capstone Design – will organize into groups of 4 and each group will be assigned a challenging design project for a site in Madison. Every project requires significant community involvement, including the formation of an advisory team.

The Downtown Community Gardens group will help to mentor a rooftop community garden design project. Specifically, we recommend the students design a turn-key community garden for a Madison parking ramp. In accordance with the request of Professor Charlie Quagliana we are currently seeking out interest from experts within the community to serve on an advisory team for the student group.

If you are interested, or know someone else to fill the role, please respond. We will arrange a meeting to go over the details once enough interest is procured.

The advisory team is responsible for preparing a clear and concise vision statement and an outline of objectives/requirements for a parking ramp community garden. In addition our advisory team will meet with the student group intermittently (on 2-4 occasions) over the course of the Fall semester, beginning the week of September 6th. If we don't hear from you by August 8th we will assume you're not interested. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Kevin J Schiesser and the Downtown Community Gardens group

P.S. Feel welcome to reach me by phone as well as email. My number is 920-585-3496 and my email kevin....@gmail.com