Dance in January

Rebecca Brandt

Dec 5, 2017, 5:05:05 PM12/5/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Dear folks,

There will not be a meeting in December but we will have a New Year’s Dance on January 5 from 6:30-8:30pm in the downstairs hall of First United Methodist Church at 1224 Legion Way SE in Olympia.  There will be snacks and a DJ, Travis.

Also, the Tim Tebow Foundation will sponsor another Night to Shine on February 9, 2018, for people with special needs, ages 14+.  It is hosted by Evergreen Christian Community at 1000 Black Lake Boulevard in Olympia.   It is a fancy dance, like a prom, and it’s free.  Those who went last year had a great time.   Contact www.ecsolympia.com to register.

The November meeting was about Washington ABLE, a savings plan for people with special needs.  It still isn’t functioning but we will let you know when it is.  I was under the impression you could put any money in it, such as money from work, but I was wrong.  You can only put gifts in it.  The main point is to keep the total banking account below $2,000 so Social Security isn’t affected.  It would be a good plan if people in your family want to donate money to your adults with special needs, and it would put the bank account higher than $2,000.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.   See you at the dance!               Becca Brandt

wench

Jan 6, 2018, 12:13:11 AM1/6/18
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Hi becca I just wanted to let you know that the dance was fabulous and a lot of caring and hard work.  We are puzzled as to why there were so few people.
A heartfelt thanks to those put out the time and effort.  We look forward to the P:P  dances.

Donna and Alicia