60th Dovedale Dash completed!

Erwin

Nov 6, 2016, 12:07:43 PM11/6/16
to doveda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,

Thank you for participating in this year’s Dash (if you did of course)!

We had close to 1,600 runners, wow!! An amazing number, shows how popular our little village race is!

And what a result, Stuart Bond won for the 5th time, equalling Gary Booty’s record - one more next year Stuart!?

The weather was quite something this year. It started of cold and windy, but sunny, but it turned into rain and I think I even experienced some sleet! For us organisers (as I am sure it was for the runners) it was really cold I must say!

Another attempt this year to capture timings and positions for everyone.

Because of the weather we got into a bit of trouble and lost a few mins of timing results. In our case that quickly means that we missed 150-200 runners. Unfortunately our (new) program works as such that when we merged the timing results with the bib numbers by position the last 150-200 bib numbers finishing got deleted and they are therefore missing on the results. Sorry. I am sure there are also some positions out and missing, but that us unavoidable with these numbers.

The preliminary results are now on the website, www.dovedaledash.co.uk. I will be gathering all the feedback to publish the final results next weekend.

The results from the children’s race will follow soon.

If people made photos or videos it would be great if you could send them to vroen...@sky.com. I would love to put them on our website.

The funds we raised from this year’s dash will go as usual to local charities and the Thorpe Village hall.

Thank you to all the participants and all the people from the village who have helped to make this race possible.

See you next year on Sunday the 5th November 2017.

Kind regards,

Erwin van Vroenhoven
On behalf of the Dovedale Dash Committee