Dovedale Dash 2018

secr...@dovedaledash.co.uk

Oct 9, 2018, 3:34:38 PM10/9/18
to Dovedale Dash
Dear runners,

Only just under 4 weeks to go for the 2018 62nd Dash ! Do you have the Dash in your diary...?

Last year we had over 1,500 participants, lots of runners from running clubs all over the region and from far away and lots of ‘fun’ runners including many in fancy dress.

Details are on the website at http://www.dovedaledash.co.uk.

The arrangements will be pretty much the same as last year. The only exception is that larger vehicles cannot park on the Pastures, but should park at Thorpe station car park on the top of the hill near the Old Dog. Just follow the signs.

There will be a 'mini-dash' for the under 10's and under 8's, starting at 10:00 am. Contact Chris for information at ch...@dovedaledash.co.uk or on 01335-350333. U10s will not be allowed in the main race. 10 and over can run in the main race, but our advice is to start at the back as the rush into narrow lin dale is not a place for younger children to be and we recommend parents to run with their younger teenagers. Dogs are allowed, but again please, please start at the back and only ONE dog per runner please. Last year we got quite a lot of feedback about dog hazards.

The main race will start at 11:00 am.

Registration is on the day only and opens at 9:00 am. Please be on time, the roads can get VERY busy. We have permission to move the portaloos on the pastures. This means the entry onto the pastures is just for cars, which hopefully means it will be a bit quicker and the queue into the village should be less. Also we will not allow cars of the field until 11:15 am.

The entry fee is as per last year £8 and £3 for under 14's. The Children's race is £2. The car park will not be charged for.

The weather is ok at the moment and the pastures look good. Cross your fingers for reasonable weather over the next few weeks to keep Thorpe pastures (the car park...) accessible and keep an eye on the web site for up the minute information.

If you want to be removed from the mailing list let us know by replying to this email address.

For more information look at the website or call 01335-350681.

Kind regards,

The Dovedale Dash Organising committee

P.S. let us know if you no longer want to receive this email by replying back - we will then remove you from the mailing list