Receiving DTMF

Jon Harris

Oct 4, 2023, 7:39:45 AM10/4/23
to discuss-doubango
.. my first post.

I am writing a web-based application to make calls to specfic numbers, mainly from mobile browsers. I have got the calls and audio working well, including from iPhone where for some reason, when I switched from a cdn hosted adapter.js to the web server one, the audio started working. The calls are made via a webrtc configured asterisk server, linked to a sip-trunk.

However, if the receiver of the call wishes to agree to the action, they will press a number or numbers on their on their keypad, say "2" or "22" So, I need to receive a dtmf codes - then make a server call to carry out that action.

When the receiver presses the keys, we can hear the the tone at the browser- but I can't see how I can create an event from it.

Just to be clear, I don't want to send DTMF, I want to receive them.

The actual project, pins on this, so this is quite important. Any help appreciated.