No calling with local installation possible

Detlef Fricke

Jun 30, 2020, 11:11:50 AM6/30/20
to discuss-doubango
Hi all,

I have installed Asterisk on a raspberry 4 and when I use the online demo for SipML5 everything works fine.
But when I install it on my local webserver, I can login but can't call a phone. There is NOTHING to see in the asterisk-logs,
when I try to call a phone, so I think, its a problem with SipML5. I tried Firefox and Chrome.

The only difference I can see is, when connecting over your demo-website,  rtcweb-breaker ist set "yes" and when I connect
local it is set to "no".

Does I have to do something special besides copying all to my webserver?

Mamadou DIOP

Jun 30, 2020, 11:15:16 AM6/30/20
to doub...@googlegroups.com, Detlef Fricke

WebRTC requires secure connection. Are you using https:// and wss:// on your local website?

If you're not using https:// chrome will not allow accessing the microphone/camera and you'll see that on the logs.

Detlef Fricke

Jun 30, 2020, 12:00:31 PM6/30/20
to discuss-doubango

Thanks for the quick answer.
I use http:// with self-signed certificates. But I can't get a connection to a phone locally at all and I don't see anything on the console of the Asterisk server when I try.

Mamadou DIOP

Jun 30, 2020, 12:13:18 PM6/30/20

On 6/30/2020 6:00 PM, Detlef Fricke wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer.
I use http:// with self-signed certificates. But I can't get a connection to a phone locally at all and I don't see anything on the console of the Asterisk server when I try.

My initial message was clear: You have to use secure connection (https://), otherwise access to the microphone/camera will be blocked and nothing will be sent to Asterisk. Also, Chrome doesn't accept self-signed certs for wss:// connections unless you force it.

The Asterisk console is useless at this step, what matter is Chrome console logs.

Detlef Fricke

Detlef Fricke

Jul 1, 2020, 11:12:30 AM7/1/20
to discuss-doubango
Please excuse another question on this. It is not possible to install a valid certificate in a local network. Can you please give me a hint how to use Sipml5 in a completely local network?

dev...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 3:44:07 PM12/28/20
to discuss-doubango

have you tried self signed certificate? then just add the exception in the browser