Re: Feature request: id in .process

Mamadou DIOP

May 8, 2024, 5:51:55 PMMay 8
to Tommi Savikko, doubango-ai

You can know, no need for additional param

The engine is a static variable, you cannot create instance of it. Even if you have 2 streams, only 1 engine will be used.

The images are delivered in FIFO mode (First In First Out). The two streams will put frames from different treads (A and B), let's say: A0, A1, B0, A3, B1... (A0 means threads A and frame number 0)

the callback will deliver the result in the exact same order: A0, A1, B0, A3, B1...

in short, you can maintain a queue (push, pop) with information on the frames

On 5/8/2024 2:32 PM, Tommi Savikko wrote:
We have one place where we have two streams which we would like to process with one ALPR computer.

When utilizing (C++) parallel ALPR process, we cannot know from what stream the result came from.

So, would it be possible to add one (optional) parameter to UltAlprSdkEngine::process -function, like one integer which acts as an id. This should come back in some way in result as well.

-t

Mamadou DIOP

May 8, 2024, 5:58:23 PMMay 8
to Tommi Savikko, doubango-ai

clarification:

in your app you know that you put (process): A0, A1, B0, A3, B1...

the callback will give you (result): R0, R1, R2, R3, R4...

you can easily map: (A0,R0), (A1,R1), (B0,R2), (A3,R3), (B1,R4)...

Tommi Savikko

May 9, 2024, 8:54:35 AMMay 9
to doubango-ai
Thanks! I actually already deleted my post to Google Groups after i realized we can get frame numbers there.

So, this is now solved, thanks for the clarification and original answer, next we will implement this and lets see how this works for this usecase :)