Running an application on a computer with a processor that does not support AVX

Viktor Bochikalov

May 15, 2024, 4:58:09 AMMay 15
to doubango-ai
Hello.
We have a server with the Ubuntu operating system. Processor Xeon(R) CPU E5620. It does not support AVX operations.

After installing the library, we wanted to check its functionality. But when I run python_recognizer.sh I get an error:
python3[99023] trap invalid opcode ip:7fe5ddf2ca59 sp:7ffd62216040 error:0 in libtensorflow_framework.so.1.14.0

We assembled tensorflow to work without AVX, but then the following error occurred:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/vbochikalov/ultimateALPR-SDK-master/binaries/linux/x86_64/../../../samples/python/recognizer/recognizer.py", line 25, in <module>
     import ultimateAlprSdk
   File "/home/vbochikalov/ultimateALPR-SDK-master/samples/python/recognizer/ultimateAlprSdk.py", line 26, in <module>
     _ultimateAlprSdk = swig_import_helper()
   File "/home/vbochikalov/ultimateALPR-SDK-master/samples/python/recognizer/ultimateAlprSdk.py", line 22, in swig_import_helper
     _mod = imp.load_module('_ultimateAlprSdk', fp, pathname, description)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.10/imp.py", line 243, in load_module
     return load_dynamic(name, filename, file)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.10/imp.py", line 343, in load_dynamic
     return _load(spec)
ImportError: ./libultimate_alpr-sdk.so: undefined symbol: TF_DeleteSessionOptions, version VERS_1.0

Is it possible to run applications on a server without AVX processor support?

Mamadou DIOP

May 15, 2024, 5:50:04 AMMay 15
to Viktor Bochikalov, doubango-ai
Hi,

No, it's not possible to run the SDK on x64 without AVX2 (required by Tensorflow) unless you have a GPU.
Starting v3.13 you can use TensorRT instead of Tensorflow.

If you build your own Tensorflow the SDK will not start at all. We don't allow any Tensorflow binary unless it comes from the official repository. This is done for security reasons to avoid code injection

Sent from my Galaxy

Mamadou DIOP

May 15, 2024, 5:58:33 AMMay 15
to Viktor Bochikalov, doubango-ai
The error you're seeing (symbol: TF_DeleteSessionOptions, version VERS_1.0) is about the C api mission. You have to modify the bazel files to include it. But as previously explained, even if your rebuild it with all symbols the SDK will not accept it and will complain about "fingerprint mismatch".

Unfortunately we cannot add the fingerprint of your binaries to the list of trusted dataset as we don't have any way to check that there is no malicious code on it

Viktor Bochikalov

May 15, 2024, 2:42:54 PMMay 15
to doubango-ai
thx, Are there any recommendations for choosing an AWS instance? Which one should you choose for the SDK to work and be able to handle ~50 frames per second?

среда, 15 мая 2024 г. в 15:58:33 UTC+6, Mamadou DIOP: