UltimateALPR SDK - recognizes partial plate numbers

George Denchev

May 27, 2024, 11:36:17 AMMay 27
to doubango-ai
Hi there,

We have been using UltimateALPR for some time now, within an Android/Java project.

We noticed that if we run plate recognition from video stream, sometimes (often) the ALPR SDK recognizes the plate number partially.

Example - for Bulgarian numbers, like CA1234AX, if we start moving tha camera from right to left, we can get plate numbers recognized like: 234AX, 1234AX, A1234AX and then CA1234AX.

We could filter the recognized plate numbers with country patterns like AA####AA and A####AA, but this is not an optimal solution, as there may be vehicles present on the road from other countries.

Note: The same behavior can be seen when we recognize plate numbers from single photo, taken from the device camera.

Is this the normal behavior of the SDK?
Can we somehow control/alter the recognition behavior, so that only "whole" plate numbers are recognized and returned?

Thanks in advance,
Georgi

Mamadou DIOP

May 27, 2024, 11:45:55 AMMay 27
to George Denchev, doubango-ai
Hi,

Attach an image reproducing the issue and full logs