Google OpenID 2 is going away

Neil Pendlington

Dec 8, 2014, 5:40:05 AM12/8/14
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
I have a bunch of production environments (classic ASP) where I'm using the DotNetOpenAuth.OpenId.RelyingParty.OpenIdRelyingParty COM exposed library of DNOA.
Bit of a worry that popped up about Google deprecating OpenID2 early next year means I need to look at getting migrated over to OAuth2 (assuming that's even possible with the combination of using the COM exposed side of DNOA)

FYI, the notice from Google in case you've not seen it:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6135882

Any advice on how to achieve this migration?

Thanks.

Jammer Jamski

Jul 3, 2015, 4:03:46 AM7/3/15
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
The deathly silence that follows DNOA help requests is why I'm ditching DNOA altogether asap.  It's hugely over complicated and there seems to be zero support these days.  Not a good mix.