dotNetOpenAuth configuration problem

Matrickz

Aug 8, 2013, 9:41:39 AM8/8/13
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have implemented a relying party that consumes OpenID and it works good. Now, I am trying to change the configuration using <dotNetOpenAuth> in the web.config file of my ASP .NET application. Somehow, it turns out that the changes I am making in the onfig file does not take place at all. For example, although I set <security requireSsl="true"/>, the RP wirks also without SSL. And ofcourse when I set thi sproperty in my code (openid.SecuritySettings.RequireSsl = true;), it works. However, I must set this property in the config file. Here is how my config file looks like.

Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

<dotNetOpenAuth>
    <openid>
      <relyingParty>
        <security requireSsl="true"/>
        <behaviors>
          <!-- <add type="Fully.Qualified.ClassName, Assembly" /> -->
        </behaviors>
        <store type="RelyingParty.AssociationStore, RelyingParty"/>
      </relyingParty>
    </openid>
    <messaging>
      <untrustedWebRequest>
        <whitelistHosts>
          <!-- since this is a sample, and will often be used with localhost -->
          <add name="localhost" />
          <add name="me.yahoo" />
          <add name="http://localhost:4141/OpenIdProvider.ashx" />

        </whitelistHosts>
        <whitelistHostsRegex>
          <!-- since this is a sample, and will often be used with localhost -->
          <!-- <add name="\.owndomain\.com$" /> -->
        </whitelistHostsRegex>
        <blacklistHosts>
        </blacklistHosts>
        <blacklistHostsRegex>
        </blacklistHostsRegex>
      </untrustedWebRequest>
    </messaging>
  </dotNetOpenAuth>

Matrickz

Aug 9, 2013, 9:54:14 AM8/9/13
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
Please ignore this. It was a silly problem with namespace. I have solved it! However, one question with regards to the version of dotNetOpenAuth used for the samples provided with library. It appears that they are not the latest version of dotNetOpenAuth. I am coding an OpenID provider in a production envornment, where I would like to use a version which is relatively stable. Could you please tell me which version to use? And do you have samples that corresponds to a latest version?

To sum it up, I am learning to use the library from the samples and the version I am using does not work exactly the way the sample works. Some tips would really help.

Thanks in advance!

Mengstrom

Jun 16, 2014, 7:25:39 PM6/16/14
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matrickz,

I know this post is a bit dated post but I'm currently having the same problem, what was the namespace issue you resolved?  I can't seem to get the <security requireSsl="true"/> value to take.

Thanks in advance

uzair arif

Jul 15, 2014, 3:18:40 AM7/15/14
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matrickz

I want to implement OpenID Provider for my institue and i have number of relying parties that will consume that openid Provider.. I am using samples to learn.. I am hosting OpenidProviderWebForms on IIS 7.5.. And i want it to be accesible frm a virtual box that will be my relying party for testing purposes.. But before going to that on my own system when i host OpenidProviderWebforms and just click login on default.aspx, I am not redirected to login.aspx that should happen .. why is that can you help me plzz..

Thanks

uzair arif

Jul 15, 2014, 3:21:05 AM7/15/14
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com