License Agreement

Brock Hensley

Sep 17, 2013, 6:13:42 PM9/17/13
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm attempting a simple setup configuration, and when I try to add a License Agreement and run the setup.exe I get an error as follows, then the license.txt file that I created is deleted.

I've looked at and ran the Sample License Agreement but don't see any differences in what I am doing.

All I'm doing is Add > Control > License Agreement, and in the same folder that everything else is in (banner.bmp works) I put a license.txt file with blah in it. I run the setup.exe and get the error:

0x80070716 - Invalid CUSTOM resource: RES_LICENSE: The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file.

When I click OK, I can watch the license.txt file be deleted.

<control type="license" position="" enabled="True" display_install="True" display_uninstall="False" check="enabled" has_value_disabled="False" text="I have read and accepted the license agreement." font_name="MS Shell Dlg" font_size="9" accepted="False" resource_id="RES_LICENSE" license_file="#APPPATH\license.txt" accept_message="You must accept the license agreement." />

Thank you for any advice,
-B

Daniel Doubrovkine

Sep 18, 2013, 10:35:12 AM9/18/13
to dotneti...@googlegroups.com
This is your generated setup.exe that you produce with InstallLinker? That would embed the license file as RES_LICENSE. Can you post a full repro somewhere?

dB. | Moscow - Geneva - Seattle - New York
code.dblock.org - @dblockdotorg - artsy.net - github/dblock

Mahalakshmi Sokkalal

Oct 8, 2018, 6:51:36 AM10/8/18
to dotnetinstaller
I added following license control thinking this would add license agreement dialog in bootstrapper sequence but it doesn't work so,

    <control type="license" position="130,200,250,25" enabled="True" display_install="True" display_uninstall="False"
    check="enabled" has_value_disabled="False" text="I have read and accepted the license agreement." font_name="MS Shell Dlg" font_size="9"
    accepted="False" resource_id="RES_LICENSE" license_file="#APPPATH\license.txt" accept_message="You must accept the license agreement." />

It just gives an error as,

License.png

Could someone please help out?

Thanks.