Installed check - Folder

Mukesh Sharma

Dec 9, 2021, 7:00:40 PM12/9/21
to dotnetinstaller
I am implementing a folder check to determine if a component is already installed. The target computer could have n number of drives and one of the condition refers to a Non-C drive.

now, when we try to launch the component on a system that doesn't have the drive as defined in the installed check, dotnetinstaller throws an error that device is not ready which is strange. It looks like dni is not handling the exception when a drive doesn't exists.

does anyone has any workarounds to bypass the error?

Rami AbuGhazaleh

Sep 7, 2023, 9:31:30 PM9/7/23
to dotnetinstaller
I recommend using variable substitution.

For example, instead of hard-coding the drive letter, you can use `#WINDOWSPATH`

That will be replaced with the actual windows directory (ex. C:\WINDOWS).

Please see the help documentation for more variables, including environment variables.